LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A SAMPLE ASSORTMENT OF MOD PODGE! BRAVE GIRLS CAMP CALLS THIS SOUL GLUE. ITS AWESOME!
FUN AND FREE! LEAVE A COMMENT!
Have you heard of Plaid Crafts. They sell craft acrylic paint including FolkArt, Apple Barrel and a new Martha Stewart line. They also sell stencils, brushes and just about everything you need to make a beautiful painted project. I know I own a LOT of Plaid products!!! Plus, how could I ever get along without Mod Podge by Plaid?
Today we are featuring a tutorial to make a beautifully vibrant jewelry box.
Here is a great last minute summer project you can create. Please feel free to switch up the FolkArt colors used, with other hues from us. This adorable project was made by one of our talented designers, Sherrie Ragsdale. This is an intermediate skill level project, and will take anywhere between 1 hour to 1.5 hours to complete.
FolkArt Acrylic Paints: 515 Vintage White, 413 Pink, 2553 Lime Green, 628 Pure Orange, 444 Patina, 516 Light Lavender, 938 Licorice
Plaid unfinished wooden box with double frames found at Walmart, Stencil Brush, Large Flat Brush, Medium Flat Brush, Small Flat Brush, Liner Brush, Masking Table, Tracing Paper, Pencil
1. Tape off the top and Bottom portion on box leaving an inch space in between and then paint the center vintage white.
2. Tape off the top portion of box and paint it patina and then tape off the bottom portion of box and paint lime green. Allow to dry.
3. Remove the top by unscrewing the hinges. Remove the glass from frames. Paint the top with lime green. Allow to dry. Paint the wooden frame inserts with patina.
4. Add the dots and swirls using the liner brush dipped in vintage white.
5. Add the pink stripe using the small flat brush. Allow to dry.
6. Trace the flower on all sides of box. Trace the heart on the frame inserts.
7. Paint the flower light lavender with an orange center. Paint the heart light lavender. Allow to dry. Outline in licorice and add black oval dots in the center of the flower.
8. Dry brush the flowers and the pink and vintage white center with licorice. Also the heart.
9. To dry brush the center stripe, tape off first
Wouldn’t this be perfect in a little girls room? I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Be on the lookout for some other fun crafts from Plaid!